Apply for the African Master's in Machine Intelligence
The African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) will prepare well rounded Machine Intelligence (MI) researchers by focusing on basic research in MI as well as the development of a vast array of applications that respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world. AMMI graduates will go on to create and/or join the best industrial and public R&D labs in Africa and beyond therefore strengthening the African MI community and scientific community at large, achieving crucial breakthroughs for the global good.
To join this highly selective program, review the admission requirements below.
APPLICATIONS ARE WELCOME
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2019
The minimum admission requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better is required;
- Interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning etc. demonstrated in courses taken and projects undertaken;
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI;
- Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation;
- Strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
For more detailed information on acceptance documents, please contact the AMMI Admissions Office
Note: Your Original degrees, diplomas, academic certificates and transcripts should be in your possession upon arrival on Campus.
Required transcripts records: Upload your official transcripts with your application. These include transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended, including summer sessions and extension programs. All academic records that are not originally in English should be issued in their original language and accompanied by English certified translations.
At least three letters of recommendation are required. Be sure to inform your recommenders of the admission deadline. Your recommenders are asked to give their personal impressions of your intellectual ability, your aptitude in research or professional skills, your character, and the quality of your previous work.
The personal statement should tell us about yourself, your academic achievements, aspirations and other important accomplishments. It should also paint a picture of your academic aspirations including post-masters. (500 words max)
You may choose to instead submit a 90 second video. This does not need to be a professionally made video but we recommend that sound and lighting be clear.
Please submit a complete CV starting with most recent experience first.
Note: Prospective students applying for AIMS are welcome to apply for AMMI.
We recommend that you start your application as soon as possible. Some requirements like recommendation letters may take some time to finalize. Our application deadline is on 28th February 2019.